1. Where is your brewery?
Our brewery is located in the heart of the Wynwood Arts District north of Downtown Miami. (565 NW 24th St)
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
The beer that opened my mind to the bigger picture was a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I was amazed at the amount of flavor and frankly never had a pale ale before. The rest is history...
3. What is your favorite style to brew and Why?
Too many to choose from! I like to brew La Rubia, our blonde ale. It's our flagship beer and must be on point every time. The challenge to replicate a beer where any flaw would stand out is rewarding.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
Magic. City. Pale. Ale. It's a ridiculously sessionable pale ale with a healthy helping of amarillo hops. Thank you sir, may i have another?
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
Once again, too much to choose from! We listen to all genres of music but you can see us frequently listening to blues, hard rock, rap, and electronic to name a few.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
It's tough to pick just one but i'd have to say Funky Buddha. They make some incredible culinary inspired beers and have grown immensely in a very short time. I mean, a peanut butter and jelly beer?! What more can a beer drinker ask for?
7. Single hop beer – which hops are you using?
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
If not a shiftie in the taproom you can find me at Kush or Wood Tavern. Really cool local spots in Wynwood that have great ambiance, beer, and people.
9. What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
It's 90% cleaning and sanitizing, 10% brewing. Cleanliness is key.
10. Dogs or cats?
Dogs without a doubt. Who wants an animal that craps in a box?!