1. Where is your brewery?
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and Why?
Anything with Rye. Our first beer we ever did was Rye Pale Ale back in 2002. It won a gold medal at the GABF the same year. I just like to brew different beer styles adding rye and see what happens.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
Unfiltered Pilsner Urquell.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
Anything from Black Sabbath to Beethoven.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
Rogue. John Maier is a brewing legend.
7. Single hop beer – which hops are you using?
Right now for our fresh hop beer it's Simcoe. We also do a red rye IPA called Mosaic and we use 100% Mosaic hops in that.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
At the Terrapin tasting room. I like to watch our fans come in for the tour and enjoy the atmosphere and our beers.
9. What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
Depends on what they want to do in the industry. If it's starting a brewery, be over capitalized, and be careful who you get in bed with. There are a lot of bad people out there that will try to take advantage of you. Brew clean.
10. Dogs or cats?
Cats! We have a brewery cat at the brewery. Her name is Lil' P.