1. Where is your brewery?
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
Someone once handed me a Deschutes Black Butte Porter and I never looked back.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and why?
Saison: it's such a diverse style category. You can do just about anything with a saison! Dry it out for a light and refreshing beer, use seasonal ingredients such as herbs, fruits, and vegetables, make it hoppy... Get creative and have fun.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
I could drink Zombie Dust from Three Floyds all day, every day, and that's a no brainer.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
I'm guilty of listening to a LOT of My Morning Jacket.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
Definitely 7venth Sun. The owners Justin and Devon taught me so pretty much everything I know about brewing and I will forever be grateful to them for that.
7. Single hop beer - which hops are you using?
Galaxy, hands down. I love the intense passion fruit aroma.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
If I'm not sticking around the Cigar City tasting room, you can probably find me at Pour House. It's close to home and they always have a great selection of craft beer on draft and in cans.
9. What is one piece of advice you'd give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
Do your research. Know what you want to get out of it before you take a job and be willing to do plenty of grunt work. Make sure you love to clean!
10. Dogs or cats?
I love my cat, but she's a jerk (see: cat). I'll go with dogs on this one.