1. Where is your brewery?
In the cool Alberta Arts District of Portland, Oregon - at the corner of NE 22nd and Alberta St.
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
James: Stone Brewing "Arrogant Bastard" and Andy "Pliny the Elder".
3. What is your favorite style to brew and why?
NE-style hazy, juicy IPAs.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
Cantillon Fou Foune or maybe our very own Juice Jr.!
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
Depends who you ask! James leans towards the Grateful Dead and Andy mid-90's indie rock.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
Russian River for the reasons most would say. Locally, we loved watching Breakside grow from a little 3 bbl brewery to a regional powerhouse.
7. Single hop beer - which hops are you using?
We are loving Mosaic right now.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
We tend to like Hop and Vine, as we live nearby and they always have a great selection of beer and creative cocktails.
9. What is one piece of advice you'd give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
There's a lot more to it than brewing! Make sure you have some partners that will balance out your own weaknesses.
10. Dogs or cats?
We have both in the GNB family, so how about we just say giraffes.