1. Where is your brewery?
J. Wakefield Brewing is located in the Wynwood district of Miami, Florida, at 120 NW 24th Street.
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
It was a Firestone Walker Pale Ale.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and why?
Tough question, I like brewing two different styles: Berliner Weisse and stouts. I enjoy brewing Berliners because it was a dead style of beer that I brought back, I really enjoy making it for the people. I love to brew stouts because it is my personal favorite style.
4. If you were stranded on an island and could only have one beer for the rest of your life, which would it be?
3 Floyds Zombie Dust, just saying.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
80's. I'm a huge fan of 80's music.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most and why?
Cigar City Brewing. They've inspired me because they were the first real craft brewery in Florida to take it to the next level; not only with their beers, but with their approach to craft beer. Plus, Wayne makes some killer beers.
7. Single hop beer - which hops are you using?
Citra. You can never go wrong with Citra hops.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
If I'm not drinking from my cellar at home, I would be at Kush Wynwood. They have a great beer selection and David Rodriguez does a great job of getting the best beers he can in there.
9. What is one piece of advice you'd give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
Do you homework. Research and plan as much as possible.
10. Dogs or cats?
Dogs all the way.