1. Where is your brewery?
Oakland Park, Fl
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
he first beer I had that wasn't an American macro lager or malt liquor was Newcastle Brown. Newcastle and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale were the beers that made me realize beers could have flavor.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and Why?
Right now probably Berliners. Still trying new techniques and we love the challenge.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
So I have a magic refrigerator but nothing to build a boat? That sucks. I refuse to answer the question based on faulty fairy tale logic! Definitely something light though.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
I let the other guys pick the music and most of the time they do a good job. Lots of jazz, old school hip hop, 80's music. We are all over the place.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
I'm going to cop out and name a few. Cigar City for not only making good beer but for how they run their business in general. Short's for their crazy delicious beers and for staying local despite huge demand. Dogfish Head for staying innovative despite the fact that they could be just as easily successful only making 60 minute IPA and nothing else. There are plenty more out there too.
7. Single hop beer – which hops are you using?
I'm pretty indecisive as you can tell. Gun to my head, I would have to say Citra. Why would someone put a gun to my head to ask me to pick a hop though? We live in a crazy world.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
My house or another brewery. House because I can't think of a place more comfortable and a brewery to just talk shop wile I enjoy their beers.
9. What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
Check your ego at the door. You aren't the best brewer/business man/salesman/marketer. Surround yourself with passionate, talented people, and know your limitations.
10. Dogs or cats?
Why would anyone eat a dog?