1. Where is your brewery?
We are located in Gainesville, FL.
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
I can't remember the exact beer, but it was something from Great Divide. They offered so many styles of beer compared to other breweries distributed in Gainesville when I was in college. They opened my eyes to what craft-beer was all about.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and Why?
Hoppy Browns. They're hard to find and always enjoyable when done correctly.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
Pliny. I've never had a bad one.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
Anything upbeat will do the trick for me. At Swamp Head, whoever gets to the computer first wins the battle for the day, so I just roll with it.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
Cigar City. They were the first to take Florida by storm.
7. Single hop beer – which hops are you using?
Anything new that I haven't tried. Recently did Huell Melon from Germany and Vic Secret from AU. I liked both of those and thought they could be fun to play around with.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
Gainesville House of Beer. They always have a good TV to Patron to Tap Ratio.
9. What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
Be prepared for a lot of reinventing the wheel and hard work.
10. Dogs or cats?
I don't have either. But I do really like some of those funny cat videos on the internet. The grumpy cat meme is pretty good too. So, I guess maybe I'm a cat person.