1. Where is your brewery?
In Brussels, located near of the biggest train station of the city. There were a lot of breweries in this area in the past, producing lambic, top, and lager.
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
Mine! Gueuze to be more precise.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and Why?
Lambic. This is a part of my life, of my family, my own history and my city history.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
A 4-5 years old Gueuze. Refreshing, low in alcohol. And a 5 years old Gueuze develops a lot of character at the border of a young and an old gueuze.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
We have no music in the brewery but my favorite music is the music of my youth. Groups as Depeche Mode, The Cure, Smith, etc.
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
Lambic is a bit apart from a classic brewery production and closer to the wine world. My inspiration is coming from the wine world and great natural wine producers as Marcel LaPierre, Didier Dageneau, René Mosse, etc.
7. Single hop beer - which hops are you using?
As you know we don't research the biterness in our beers. The hop is more used as a preservative and to avoid bacterial development. But we have some exception as for the Iris and the Cuvée St-Gilloise. The hop "Hallertau Mittelfrüh" is probably my favorite one.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
Moder Lambic during the all year for it's great beers selection. My summer in the summer time for the tranquility.
9. What is one piece of advice you'd give to someone who thinks they want to the into the craft beer industry?
Work with love and passion.
10. Dogs or cats?
Dogs, and big if possible.