1. Where is your brewery?
Plan Bee Farm Brewery is located in Fishkill, NY, which is in the Hudson Valley.
2. What was the first beer you had that made you realize craft beer was going to be a bigger part of your life?
Unibroue Trois Pistoles - Emily bought this beer for me in college and I used to take it to campus parties. Very different than the 'natty ice' being served.
3. What is your favorite style to brew and why?
I like to brew beers with my wild yeast and allow them to age in oak without any expectations of flavor. It makes for a nice surprise.
4. If you were stranded on an island (with a working refrigerator that automatically replenished itself) and you could only have one beer for the rest of your life in that fridge, which would it be?
Peekskill Brewery's Amazeballs - but it isn't a refrigerator, it is a kegerator!
5. What is your favorite music to listen to in the brewery?
6. Which other brewery has inspired you the most? Why?
Captain Lawrence - Scott Vaccaro, owner and brewmaster, taught me how to make beers on both sides of the coin.
7. Single hop beer - which hops are you using?
Hops that I grew.
8. Where is your favorite place to get a beer after work and why?
The Hop in Beacon, NY - Is is my neighborhood hang where I can talk with my local community.
9. What is one piece of advice you'd give to someone who thinks they want to get into the craft beer industry?
Believe in something bigger than beer and work towards it with every decision you make.
10. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. We have a German Shepard/Chihuahua mix named Abbey Road